Helping clients resolve their divorce and custody issues in a way that reflects their values and priorities
My passion for mediation is based in my belief that families do not belong in court.
With few exceptions, I believe that individuals facing divorce are fully equipped and best situated to make the wisest decisions for themselves and their children. I guide my clients through the process with a practical and forward-looking approach, helping them to reach agreement in a setting that is respectful, confidential and private.
Based in Orinda, I practice in Contra Costa, Alameda and San Francisco counties.
Areas of Support include:
- Dissolution and legal separation
- Domestic partnership dissolution
- Child custody
- Child support
- Spousal support and domestic partner support
- Division of assets and debts
- Post-divorce issues such as modification of custody or support
- University of California, Davis School of Law, 1995, Public Interest Law Scholar
- University of California, Berkeley, 1989, Dual B.A., Social Welfare and Legal Studies
Mediation Training & Community Mediation Experience
- Northern California Mediation Center, Essentials of Mediation & Divorce Mediation
- Mediator, Center for Human Development Guardianship Mediation Program, Contra Costa County Superior Court
- Mediator, SEEDS Community Resolution Center Small Claims Court Practicum, Alameda County Superior Court
- Family Re-entry Conferencing Facilitator Training
State Bar of California, 1995
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section
- Alameda County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Collaborative Practice East Bay
Is mediation right for you?
Couples who choose mediation are not expected to agree on everything, or to be free of conflict. They must only share one goal, that of reaching a resolution together.